By submitting an Entry to this Contest, you (Contestant or You) agree to be bound by the Contest Rules in Section I below and the General Terms and Conditions in Section II below (collectively, the Contest Terms):
I. Contest Rules
Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd. (“DNAP”)
b. Contest Name
Bake With Anna Olson Basic Baking Quiz
c. Contest Type
Game of skill
Games of skill are games in which prizes are awarded based on mental or physical skill, e.g., quiz, puzzles.
i) Contestants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the date of submitting an Entry (as defined in Section II).
- Reside in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam
ii) Employees of the Organizer, any of its affiliate, parent or subsidiary companies, as well as employees of any entity that is involved in organizing, promoting or sponsoring this Contest are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
e. Contest Period
|The Contest commences on 6th November 2020 at 12pm (GMT+8) and closes on 31 December at 12am (GMT+8). Each Contestant must submit his/her Entry during the Contest Period.
f. Method of Entry
- To participate in this quiz, users must be registered AFN User
- There are 4 Quizzes(Quiz A, B, C, D) in total
- Each Quiz has 4 Questions
- As long as users get 3 out of 4 question right per quiz, the first 100 correct entries for each Quiz will walk away with AFN Merchandise for every quiz (Whisk (Quiz A),Baking Tray(Quiz B), Reusable Storage Bag (Quiz C) & Cooler Bag (Quiz D))
Contestants may not submit more than 1 entry for this Contest.
g. Selection Process & Prize/s
At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Organizer will select winner/s (Winner/s) based on Skill. Selection of the Winner/s will be in the Organizer’s absolute discretion. All decisions of the Organizer are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- As long as users get 3 out of 4 question right per quiz, the first 100 correct entries for each Quiz (total 400 prizes) will walk away with AFN Merchandise for every quiz (Whisk (Quiz A),Baking Tray(Quiz B), Reusable Storage Bag (Quiz C) & Cooler Bag (Quiz D))
Winner/s will be entitled to receive the following prizes:
1st Quiz: AFN Branded Whisk
2nd Quiz: AFN Branded Baking Tray
3rd Quiz: AFN Branded Storage Bag
4th Quiz: AFN Branded Cooler Bag
|The Winner/s will be notified via email by 31 January 2021
The contest referred to in these Contest Terms is the Contest.
II. General Terms & Conditions
- The Contestant represents and warrants that:
- the Personal Data (as defined below) submitted by the Contestant to the Organizer is true and accurate (the Contestant acknowledges and agrees that the Organizer will not be responsible for any notification or prize sent to an incorrect physical or electronic address based on details provided by the Contestant); and
- in respect of photograph/s, audiovisual material and any other materials submitted by the Contestant to DNAP for the purpose of the Contest (Works), such Works:
- were created solely by the Contestant and the Contestant owns all right, title, and interest in and to, or has the right to use, all material contained in the Works, and the Works are fully cleared for the use contemplated in these Contest Terms. If the Contestant’s Works feature a person other than the Contestant, the Contestant must obtain permission from those person/s for the Organizer to use the Works as contemplated in these Contest Terms;
- does not contain libelous, slanderous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, untrue or inaccurate information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any law;
- does and will not, in any way, violate or breach the terms of any other agreement the Contestant may be a party to;
- is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful or likely to cause offense; and
- shall not require the Organizer to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity (including, but not limited to, the Contestant) as a result of the Organizer’s use or exploitation of the same
- (Personal Data, Works and any other material submitted by the Contestant to DNAP for the purpose of this Contest is collectively referred to as an Entry).
- With immediate and automatic effect on submission of an Entry by a Contestant to the Organizer:
- all rights, title, and interest in the Works (including, without limitation, copyright and all other rights) included in that Entry vests in and becomes the property of the Organizer;
- that the Contestant hereby assigns (by way of present and future assignments) to the Organizer any and all rights, title, and interest which the Contestant has or acquires in the Works (including, without limitation, copyright and all other rights) included in that Entry and the Contestant agrees to execute any further document and do anything that may be reasonably necessary to effect or perfect this assignment;
- that the Contestant unconditionally and irrevocably, in perpetuity, waives his/her moral rights in the Works included in that Entry and consents to acts and/or omissions by the Organizer (and its nominees) which may otherwise infringe the Contestant’s moral rights in those Works under applicable copyright laws; and
- that the Contestant agrees and acknowledges that the Organizer (and its nominees) have the right to use (without payment to the Contestant):
- the Works submitted to the Organiser without restriction for any purpose whatsoever, including (without limitation) editing, reproducing, disclosing, transmitting, publishing, broadcasting, and/or posting to social media; and
- the Contestant’s name, likeness, and other information concerning and provided by the Contestant to the Organizer.
- Organizer’s Rights
- The Organizer reserves the right to do any or all of the following at any time, in its absolute discretion, without prior notice to a Contestant:
- cancel, modify, suspend, or delay the Contest;
- substitute or replace the Prize/s;
- assign and/or transfer any of its rights and obligations under these Contest Terms to any third party.
- The Organizer’s decisions on the Entries, Contest and the Winners are final and no correspondence will be entered into under any circumstances. In the event of a dispute, any individual’s entitlement to participate in the Contest and any participant’s entitlement to any of the Prize/s are subject to the sole discretion and final determination of the Organizer.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit, or in kind.
- The redemption of Prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which the Contestant must accept in order to redeem the Prize.
- The Organizer makes no warranty or representation as to the Prizes, including (without limitation) as to the availability, times, quality, fitness for purpose or value, and to the extent not prohibited by law, the Organizer expressly excludes all such warranties and representations under applicable legislation.
- If the Winner/s fails to respond to the Organizer within 3 business days in Singapore and in accordance with the Organizer’s notification, the Winner may (in the Organizer’s sole discretion) be deemed to have forfeited his/her Prize in which case the Organizer reserves the right to reallocate the Prize/s to another Contestant, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Any and all tax payable as a result of a Prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the applicable Winner.
- If there is an element of voting in the Contest, the Contestant shall not induce any other person to vote for the Contestant including through the use of (i) any incentive, sweepstakes or other promotion; (ii) "bot" technology; or (iii) any other fraudulent mechanism as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that Your relationship with the Organizer is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship. You understand and acknowledge that the Organizer has wide access to ideas, stories, formats, music, creative, and designs reflected in materials (collectively, Materials), and that new Materials are frequently submitted to or developed by the Organizer. You acknowledge and agree that You will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of the Organizer's use of any such Materials or materials that are similar or identical to the Works.
- Any breach of, or non-compliance with, any of these Contest Terms and any submission of an incomplete entry may result in disqualification of the Contestant at the Organizer’s sole and absolute discretion. The Organizer is not bound to inform any Contestant who has been disqualified of this or the reason for the disqualification.
- Force Majeure
- If for any reason this Contest is not able to be carried out as planned, due to (without limitation) infection by any computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure, act of God, war (whether or not declared), political coup or insurrection, rebellion, labour dispute, fire, epidemic, storm, flood, typhoon, explosion, legal enactment, government directive, order or regulation, any law or regulation having force of law or any other reason or cause beyond the control of the Organizer, the Organizer reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest without any liability to any Contestant and to disqualify any Contestant who tampers with the entry process.
- Waiver and Indemnity
- The Contestant waives any and all rights to pursue claims of any nature against the Organizer and its Affiliates in connection with this Contest, the Contestant’s redemption and enjoyment of the Prize (if applicable) and/or any failure by a Prize sponsor to deliver the Prize to the Winner. The Contestant further agrees that Organizer and its Affiliates are not liable for any claim, warranty, cost, damage, or injury incurred by the Contestant in connection with this Contest and/or the Prize/s.
- The Contestant indemnifies the Organizer and its Affiliates against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses arising out of the Contestant’s breach of any of these Contest Terms.
- Governing Law
- These Contest Terms, and your participation in the Contest, are governed by Singapore law and the courts of Singapore have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the Contest and/or the Contest Terms.